Silver Springs Baptist Church was organized April 18, 1883 out of Silver Creek Church where they had been worshiping. At that time nineteen people met in the Silver Springs School because they felt the need to worship closer to home. The first formal service was held on June 15, 1883. Rev. Esco Schilling was called as pastor during this time. The first building was built running north and south. In 1914, the west side of the auditorium was built which is now the Sanctuary. In 1948, the floor of the south end was raised to create six classrooms. Later in 1957, an addition was made to the east side of the building creating the Baptistry, library, pastors study, two more classrooms and then a kitchen downstairs. Later on a fellowship hall was built that also allowed for a nursery and one more classroom. The old kitchen has been converted over to the youth room. Renovations have taken place over the years but the original church structure still stands.